WHAT IS WATERLESS COOLANT?
Water-based antifreezes have been used in car engines for about a century, but water can cause major problems inside engines, including corrosion, boil-over, and engine breakdowns. Waterless coolants can prevent engine overheating and reduce cooling system maintenance and can last much longer than a water-based coolant.
- Most engine coolants/antifreeze are a 50/50 mix of ethylene glycol and water. Waterless coolant is a glycol-based fluid that is ready to use, no water required.
- Water has superior heat transfer capabilities but water’s low boiling point is close to the operating temperature of an engine, and water can cause corrosion.
- Waterless coolants provide sufficient heat transfer, boil at a higher temperature, and are non-corrosive.
- Evans is the only manufacturer of waterless antifreeze.
- Installing Evans waterless coolant eliminates many problems associated with water in conventional water-based cooling systems while increasing reliability and engine life.
Evans waterless engine coolants:
- Increase engine reliability
- Prevent corrosion due to water
- Prevent boil-over
- Have over 20 years of proven functionality
- Provides extended protection for the engine
- Reduce operating costs
- Improve engine performance
- Prevent freezing down to -40ºC